An Adoption Journey Filled with Love, Laughter, Triumph, and Joy


Today's date/time is
My Photo
Name:

As you can guess, we are from SoFla, home of the hurricanes (not the U of M team but the real thing!)

Sunday, November 26, 2006

THE LONGEST MONTH

Yes, I have dropped off the face of the earth. On Nov. 6th, my last post, everything was going fine. On Nov. 7th, the world kind of stopped for me. My father was admitted to the hospital for a massive heart attack. He survived thankfully, but barely. Since 11/7, he has gone through 1 bi-pass surgery, 2 stents, 3 balloon pumps, and many more procedures that it's all a blur. Right now, I type this from Gainesville, FL which is about a 6 hour drive from SoFla. The hospital in Gainesville has an excellent heart transplant unit. The Dr.'s want to try one more procedure (open heart surgery) before he becomes a heart transplant candidate. He are hoping and praying that this procedure will be the one that works. I never imagined that I would ever be in this position at this stage in my life. However, here I am, day by day, being the rock to see my father through this.

I got to see SoFlaDad and SoFlaKid over the weekend and it made me miss them more. SoFlaKid wants me to come home and I am hoping a family member will relieve me this week. He is really missing his mother. SoFlaDad is such a trooper, taking on the role of mom, dad, maid, cook, chauffeur, and dog walker.

During all this, we received a message from our agency that we were approved and can proceed with our adoption. Once all this madness calms down, we will work on the contract and continue the paperchase. I was hoping to get going on this and complete all the paperwork by the end of the year, but 2007 is looking a bit better right now. I am ready for a new year with a new start.

Keep my dad in your prayers.
SoFlaMom


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
36
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?