An Adoption Journey Filled with Love, Laughter, Triumph, and Joy


Today's date/time is
My Photo
Name:

As you can guess, we are from SoFla, home of the hurricanes (not the U of M team but the real thing!)

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Work, Work, Work....

Have you ever had a time in your life that you were so stressed out at work that you could not eat, sleep, think, etc. That has been me over the last few weeks. I am so overworked that it is consuming my life! SoFlaKid is thinking Mommy who? I need to take control of my life and start to live again! Rejuvenate and return to blogland!

So what have we done over the last few weeks. We celebrated all the court hearings and upcoming court hearing with our PAP friends. We are so happy for all of you and can't wait until yourlittle ones are home safely in the states. Some of our PAP friends have run into unexpected obstacles that have turned into something terrific. Next year this time I hope we are all able to travel and finally meet face to face - sounds like a Disney trip coming soon!

Today our SW came to update our homestudy. We talked about the various options and agreed that we are on the right path. For those new to the process, your homestudy expires in 1 year. At that time, the homestudy needs to be updated. Ours expired a few months ago but we just dragged our feet getting it updated. The next step is to redo the fingerprints and update the I-171 (expires in Oct.). Fingerprints are hard for me. Not that the process is hard but the darn computer that scans your fingers can never get a good print of my hand. After a few tries, I wind up traveling to Miami to get sworn in and sign a affidavit that I am not a criminal. So, I expect a road trip coming up real soon!

To end this post, I thought I would add some humor! Take a look at the picture closely.
SoFlaMom


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
36
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?