An Adoption Journey Filled with Love, Laughter, Triumph, and Joy


Today's date/time is
My Photo
Name:

As you can guess, we are from SoFla, home of the hurricanes (not the U of M team but the real thing!)

Friday, September 15, 2006

Here's the Deal....

Interesting as lawyers are, I felt like I was on "Let's Make a Deal" (Am I dating myself??). The countries that the agency would like to do business in are not exactly the countries we would like to adopt from. Ukraine is too unstable, Kazakhstan is too long (2 trips, 1 for 5 weeks!), and the "A" country next to Iran and Turkey. Based on the uncertainty in the Middle East and our ethnic background, I don't feel safe over there.

So, my curiosity is satisfied we decided we don't want to go to any of these countries unless the fees were reduced to $0.00 (which they are not). So back to the drawing board. SoFlaDad and I are pretty sure which way we would like to go but we will save that for another time when we actually send the check. Interestingly, the CCAU, read posts in July, are interested in adopting a child. I guess SoFlaKid had a great impact on them. So, maybe, with 2 families adopting, we can get a family discount???

SoFlaMom


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
36
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?