An Adoption Journey Filled with Love, Laughter, Triumph, and Joy


Today's date/time is
My Photo
Name:

As you can guess, we are from SoFla, home of the hurricanes (not the U of M team but the real thing!)

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Picture of Firsts...

Yes, we are still on vacation, and wouldn't you know it, we forgot our camera everywhere we went. This was the first time the family went to Steamboat Springs, the first time we saw SoFlaKid play baseball, the first time we bathed in hot springs....all without any pictures!

This got me thinking about all the firsts we encountered on our adoption journey without pictures. There are so many pictures of firsts that I wish I had. If I were to do this again, and yes we will, we are going to have a camera for the following firsts:

  • The day we received the I-171A
  • The day we mailed our dossier to the agency
  • The day the agency receive the final dossier
  • The day the referral email came
  • The first time seeing a picture of our referral - not applicable to traveling blind
  • Getting the A-OK from the IA Doctor
  • The entrance to the orphanage
  • Meeting your child - ask facilitator/translator to help. (we have lots of pictures of the child but not of us!)
  • The first time the child smiles, laughs, frowns, cries as you hold your child in your arms
  • The city you child is in - make sure you visit as many places as possible. You will need these as the child grows up
  • The day you leave to go home
  • The day you get your court date (Elle, Suzanne, Cathy - I am holding my breathe for today!)
  • The day you leave to pick up your child
  • The day you hold your child for the second time
  • The court hearing - before and after
  • The gotcha day

If I missed any, let me know. Next time, we will be prepared! I am going to start looking for one of those pocket digital cameras to keep in my purse. The smaller the better.

SoFlaMom


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
36
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?