An Adoption Journey Filled with Love, Laughter, Triumph, and Joy


Today's date/time is
My Photo
Name:

As you can guess, we are from SoFla, home of the hurricanes (not the U of M team but the real thing!)

Sunday, July 23, 2006





















How to tell....

One of our worst fears is being matched with a child that is learning challenged. We have done lots of research about institutionalized children and how behind they are developmentally. This does not scare us as much as other challenges such as FAS, RAD, Autism, etc. There are a host of challenges that "could" happen. We are prepared to take on these challenges head on. But, at the same token, we would like to reduce the risk. Raising a child that learns differently takes lots of patience, time, motivation, and many other emotions I did not know I had. Having 2 children that learn differently would tax all of my newly acquired skills. Could we do it, sure we can! I think we are doing a fine job with SoFlaKid. Can we do it again? What can we do better? Are we at a stage in our lives that we can do it better? All of these questions are going through my head as we make our way through this journey.

There are many web sites to help PAP's identify potential issues. I will start to list some of these sites this week. I am sure they can help others trying to decide if they should accept their referral(s) or not

I got some pictures today of SoFlaKid with CCAU (see below for definition). Looks like they are having a great time! Nothing like flying a kite on a summer day.

SoFlaMom

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050715/279.html

http://www.tufts-nemc.org/adoption/

http://www.nacac.org/howtoadopt.html


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
36
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?